[oi-dev] Broadcom BCM4312 wireless on OpenIndiana 64-bit

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Mar 16 10:56:51 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-16 11:32, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Thank you for this information. It is a pity if there has
> have been a duplication of effort, yet I had google a lot to
> find the most recent version. Why is it so difficult to find
> documentation about OpenIndiana ?

It is possible that even if duplication had occurred, there might
be a better one among similar solutions to pick from. We've recently
had examples of this in ZFS mailing list...

Also, that ndis-1.2.6 "as is" did not help me make a working driver,
not even for 32-bit kernel as it originally intended. Maybe I used
a bad broadcom binary i.e. with "too new" instructions (given the
hoops you found necessary to jump through), but it is likely that
your patcher should add a new unique (part of) solution.

Thanks, I'll give your new program a try (is it compiled for Solaris
or Linux btw?) and report back...
//Jim