[oi-dev] Broadcom BCM4312 wireless on OpenIndiana 64-bit

Jean-Pierre jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 16 11:13:43 UTC 2013

Hi Jim,

Jim Klimov wrote:
> On 2013-03-16 11:32, Jean-Pierre wrote:
>> Thank you for this information. It is a pity if there has
>> have been a duplication of effort, yet I had google a lot to
>> find the most recent version. Why is it so difficult to find
>> documentation about OpenIndiana ?
>
> It is possible that even if duplication had occurred, there might
> be a better one among similar solutions to pick from. We've recently
> had examples of this in ZFS mailing list...
>
> Also, that ndis-1.2.6 "as is" did not help me make a working driver,
> not even for 32-bit kernel as it originally intended. Maybe I used
> a bad broadcom binary i.e. with "too new" instructions (given the
> hoops you found necessary to jump through), but it is likely that
> your patcher should add a new unique (part of) solution.

I have just made a diff of ndis-1.2.2 to ndis-1.2.6. At first
glance, there is nothing about the issues I had to address,
and there are a lot of modifications related to wifi features
(which I did not address), so there has probably been no much
duplication of effort.

So, I will try to rebase on ndis-1.2.6 (that will take some
time, though).

> Thanks, I'll give your new program a try (is it compiled for Solaris
> or Linux btw?) and report back...

It is compiled on Linux for OpenIndiana, checked on oi_151a5,
and has only dependencies on what is on the install DVD.

Jean-Pierre