[oi-dev] hipster

G B g_patrickb at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 11:41:25 UTC 2013

I apologize for not following the 'hipster' thread more closely, but is 'hipster' intended to be 151a8, meaning that doing a standard `pkg image-update` from the default publisher will never get bumped to 151a8 or future releases?

I did try once to update with hipster and has error/warnings galore scroll past and then failed to update.  Is that going to be fixed?  I applaud the efforts of those working on it, but with OI already on life support, hurdles in the road like this will only frustrate users more and cause them to abandon it altogether.

At first I thought there was hope with hipster, but then had those errors and have mostly decided at this point to use SmartOS for my web/mail servers.  Although last night when I logged into 151a7 and did a little work I had a thought that perhaps I should just stay on OI because I like it, but then logged onto my SmartOS machine and wondered why should I keep using or wanting ot use OI?