[oi-dev] OI project reboot required

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:39:39 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 03:29 PM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> It certainly had plenty of users.

Still has. What needs to be done is stop bickering about stuff on the
mailing list and starting pushing out releases. By that I don't mean
that you or anybody else in the community is doing something bad - you
did wonderful work. It's just that there's a lot of armchair experts who
like to disagree on minutia and lose overview of the big picture.

All users care about is:

 *) how stable is this release
 *) when's the next release
 *) for commercial guys: who do I blame when shit doesn't work
    (having paid for shit to work in advance is of course a given)

The finer details of release engineering and project architecture is of
course something to be debated, but probably not on a public forum.

Cheers,
--
Saso