[oi-dev] OI project reboot required

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Mon May 13 06:24:07 UTC 2013

On 12/05/2013 00:17, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> But nobody else has built a compelling Linux or Unix desktop with a reason to exist besides being "free".
 > And there is no commercial value in just being "free" ...

But there are other values than commercial values; i.e.,
being "free".... OI is not a commercial distribution and
was started with that reason, being a noncommercial distribution.
The desktop/workstation is NOT dead (I can't imagine doing
science on a tablet, really!), that's just commercial wishful
thinking. This all sounds like you have attended a Bilderberg
conference on killing Open Source desktop software...