[oi-dev] OI 'hipster' reboot effort

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Tue May 21 19:36:29 UTC 2013

Hi Gary

Yes, there are more */locale/* packages conflicting with newer JDS.
For now the workaround is to uninstall conflicting */locale/*
packages. Same with the
pkg://opensolaris.org/developer/gcc/gcc-libgcc@4.3.3,5.11-0.133:20100306T002102Z
package.

Ideally someone should publish obsoleting/renaming packages. I didn't
have time to do it myself yet.

We are accepting pull requests on Github in case someone would like to
have a look at fixing conflicting packages ;)

There are sample manifests available here:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/meta-packages/history

Ideally pkg install 'pkg:/*' should work but we are not there yet.

Andrzej