[oi-dev] OI 'hipster' reboot effort

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Fri May 24 10:44:42 UTC 2013

Thanks for the update  The installation is up and running.  I had one
last problem where the installation failed with a "File Exists" message.

Since this was a really non-helpful message, I tracked it down to
/usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/actions/legacy.py line 92 in the
previous version (which is now 113):

os.link(pkginfo, linkfile)

This threw an OSError, so I trapped that and rewrote the message to
include the file name:

try:
     os.link(pkginfo, linkfile)
except OSError as e:
     raise type(e)(str(e) + ": " + linkfile)

The SUNWsmbau  package where no longer installed but it left remnants.

I just wanted let others know in case they run into a similar situation.

Gary