[oi-dev] possible bridging issue in 151a8 hipster

Chad Cantwell chad at iomail.org
Sat May 25 09:26:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just a heads up; I installed hipster 151a8 on a few machines with no
difficulty, but the last machine has a 10 gigabit ethernet bridge
bridging ixgbe0 and ixgbe1.  In 151a8, the bridge doesn't seem to pass
traffic anymore although it looks like it is still configured.  The
interfaces themselves seem to work and I can talk to one side of the
link (the interface where I configured the 151a8 machine's actual IP),
but not the other interface that is supposed to be bridged to the first.
So, I'm not sure if this is a straight 151a8 issue or an issue with how
it is packaged in the hipster repository.  Maybe if anyone else is
using bridging in 151a8 they can specify if it's working for them or
not?  Incidently, my ixgbe0 and ixgbe1 ports are on an x540 PCI-E card,
but I don't think this is relevant since the interfaces themselves seem
to be working fine.  Rebooting back into 151a7 restores bridge
functionality.

Thanks,
Chad Cantwell