[oi-dev] New OI hipster ISOs

WarGrey Gyoudmon Ju juzhenliang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 09:28:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:

> From my general experience (though mostly "burnt fingers") and vague
> knowledge from list-reading, I think the currently suggested rigs
> should involve:
> 7) Video support - AFAIK certain NVidia chips have binary drivers for
>    Solaris which work in illumos. Maybe also Intel. My AMD E2 Radeon
>    (built-in to the CPU, er, "APU") works only as a VESA adapter and
>    does not support hibernation in OI, for example.

Thank you Jim.
I followed these rigs and got a custom Dell XPS, then reported a bug
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4283

"nVidia GeForce GTX 765M" seems misconfigured and be categorized into
'Other' in 'Device Driver Utility'.

After adding 'BusID PCI:1:0:0' into xorg.conf. Gdm goes black with blinking
cursor at top-left corner but other processes continue running. I can here
the login sound, and are able to shutdown system with "Ctrl-Alt-Del".

1920*1080 is a little BIG for the integrated video card.

Thanks in advance for your attention for this issue.