[oi-dev] Please update tuntap in SFE

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Nov 3 12:56:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-03 12:34, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Hello all, and probably primarily Milan :)
>
>    The TUNTAP package in the SFE repository markets itself as version
> 1.3.0, but the loaded module reports that it is 1.1.0. I've fetched
> the tuntap/src package, and apparently it includes an older tarball
> of the sources (Jul 2011, timeframe long before 1.3.x indeed) which
> does not have the TCP watermark fixes of 1.3.0 and later, that boost
> performance of the OpenVPN tunnels noticeably.

Looking at the spec-file, I see where the old source may be coming from:

%define src_name tuntap
%define src_url
http://www.whiteboard.ne.jp/~admin2/tuntap/source/%{src_name}

This path does indeed contain a copy of the code, and of obsolete one
at that (probably the one used to make the package as of now).

The automatic tarball to current source is:
   https://github.com/kaizawa/tuntap/archive/master.tar.gz
Which saves itself as tuntap-master.tar.gz

//Jim