[oi-dev] Studio/GCC c++ libraries

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Oct 9 17:21:16 UTC 2013

On 09/22/2013 22:32, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
> I've looked at rtorrent/libtorrent and found out that g++ doesn't like
> our library/c++/sigcpp (coming from JDS). I suggest that if I rebuild it
> with g++, Studio  will complain. Any suggestions?
> People from opencsw faced this problem and if I understand correctly
> decided to deliver separate sigcpp in /opt/csw/gxx...
> (http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2012-March/016235.html
> ). What will be our approach to this problem? Should we create
> /usr/lib/gxx with GCC C++ libraries? Any other ideas?

Let's continue this topic.
I propose putting G++-compiled libraries into /usr/g++ ONLY when we have
to provide multiple copies of this library. So, when all system is clean
from CC-compiled bits, we'll rename
library/g++/X to library/X and forget about /usr/g++ directory (or
create mediated links, doesn't matter).

Otherwise, when we don't have internal dependencies on CC-compiled
version I propose to ship G++-compiled version into /usr (so that RPATH
settings becomes unnecessary).

What do you think?
--
Best regards,