[oi-dev] Testing Updating packages and hipster-testing repo.

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:11:26 UTC 2013

On 10/ 9/13 02:55 PM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> I'm a user and not a developer, but what you are saying is wrong.
>
> The hipster was set up to be the bleeding edge for developers to work.

No, I think I am still right. Things should be tested before putted in a
public repo.
People can only be pleased there is someone willing to do testing before
dropping updates.

Even 'bleeding edge developer' needs guy to test he's stuff before
everything goes to pieces,
that current state of OI is.
Let's connect some dots. We need real bugs to find and that is what
Hipster rolling release is.
Not as a bomb shelter release.

I think you can agree with me that next Hipster update should not just
destroy your HD, won't you?
Or is it oK with you as a user, not to have any testing crew in OI
whatsoever?