[oi-dev] sigcpp issue

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Oct 9 19:52:22 UTC 2013

On 10/ 9/13 10:34 AM, Thomas Wagner wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> [...]
>>   As always, I'm the one to blame for it. However, this particular conflict
>>   could be caused by directory permission.
>
> True, permissions differ. the pkg contents dump of pkg:/sfe/library/g++/sigcpp
> prints what we default to.  It should be in sync with what is in /usr.

I don't know how to specify it in RPM spec files, but in native IPS manifests
you can simply choose not to list any directory that's either already created
by another package or is okay to create with the system defaults, and then
you'll never conflict.   If you look in the Solaris 12 branches from Userland
& X11 upstreams, you'll see we've removed many "dir" lines from manifests
already.

That won't work if you need to set world-writable permissions, sticky bits,
setid bits, etc. but if all you need is 755 root and don't care about the
group because group perms=world perms, it's fine.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com