[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Studio future in OI (Re: )

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Sat Oct 12 08:36:42 UTC 2013

On 12/10/13 07:06 PM, Nikola M. wrote:
> I also don't want *anytime* to be left with an update of Hipster that
> just break all everyday apps. (Plus all old apps binary compatibility)
> It must be considered with the rest of the apps and people that are
> using it.
> People are willing to use Hipster in everyday installations if it does
> not break horribly without announcement.

I would have thought it was pretty clear at this stage (also given
previous recent posts) that Hipster is bleeding edge, developer-focused
and breakages are to be expected. Given this I'm not sure why you or
anyone else would be using it in "everyday installations" instead of the
a8 release.

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz