[oi-dev] hipster: runtime/python-26 refresh

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Sep 6 04:51:13 UTC 2013

Hello, Marcel.

Marcel Telka писал 05.07.2013 20:52:
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 09:46:46AM -0700, ken mays wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The python packaging in hipster wasn't bumped to the newer python 2.6.8
> nor python 2.7.3 versions from the updated oi-userland. Did you check
> that your patch works against those newer revisions as as well (it
> should, but haven't confirmed myself)
>
> Python was updated to 2.6.8 two weeks ago:
>
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/info/0/runtime%2Fpython-26%402.6.8%2C5.11-0.151.1.8.1%3A20130622T145445Z

This fix is incorrect - it breaks compilation of 32-bit modules, because
<sys/types.h> includes <sys/feature_tests.h>, which prevents
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS definition from <python2.6/pyconfig-32.h> to take
effect.
I'm building illumos with SunStudio now (with this commit reverted) to
check if issue is still present. Let's look for correct fix...

---