[oi-dev] oi_151a9 roadmap & planning

Cedric Blancher cedric.blancher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 20:51:29 UTC 2013

On 1 September 2013 22:38, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2013, ken mays wrote:
>>

>> Add more...or less...
>

> Was ksh93 ever updated to fix known bugs

For Oracle Solaris yes. The same patch cluster was submitted to
illumos-dev but never made it into their sources.

> (e.g. 'rm -f' with no argument
> produes error) which were fixed in upstream?

Short version:
Olga Kryzhanovska and Roland Mainz appear to be working on that; if
you follow the ast-developers at research.att.com list you see a flurry
of ongoing patches and testing on Solaris being done (current focus
appears to be on O_XATTR, /proc, China locale, new allocator,
namespaces and stability work).
Olga's last comment on the subject was "... we wait for ksh93 version
v- to stabilise...". That was in mid August. The last I tried
(ast-ksh.2013-08-14) was not quite ready yet since some of the Solaris
test modules failed for that version.
Glenn Fowlers comments indicate that ksh93 version v- may soon enter
the beta phase, maybe we can ask Olga/Roland for patches then.

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blancher at gmail.com>
Institute Pasteur