[oi-dev] oi_151a9 roadmap & planning

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Sep 1 21:27:58 UTC 2013

Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Sep 2013, ken mays wrote:
> >
> > Add more...or less...
>
> Was ksh93 ever updated to fix known bugs (e.g. 'rm -f' with no
> argument produes error) which were fixed in upstream?

If it is possible to just fix bugs and to avoid to extend the number of
builtins that overlay Solaris commands, I would be interested to upgrade ksh93
in SchilliX-ON. This will however not happen before we are ready with the next
SchilliX distr release that is expected to be fully svr4 package based.

Anyway, before I update ksh93, I will re-enable  the Bourne Shell as /sbin/sh
using my enhanced version of the Bourne Shell and by making the 6 shell scripts
Bourne Shell compatible again that Sun did "break" in Spring 2010.

Jörg