[oi-dev] The state of OI

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 12:58:41 UTC 2014

On 17 April 2014 12:55, G B <g_patrickb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> OI has always been very stable, but I've never understood the hipster
> development.  OI always had a development/experimental repo and hipster
> seems to break things.  Why isn't the effort with hipster being put into
> 151a8 and future releases?

What makes you think that the effort being put into hipster is not related
to the future of OI? What part of the system appears to be wasted effort?

Hipster is designed to test/update the system, it's use is in working out
where the future of OI is.

If you want stability then go for the "dev" version at 151a9 ... if you
don't mind getting cut at the "bleeding-edge" then have a look at hipster,
by using it you can help to see where the future of OI stands.