[oi-dev] Any interest for Qt 4.8.6 in hipster ?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Aug 22 13:27:57 UTC 2014

On 08/22/2014 17:13, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> in order to update Paraview on my machine I just built and installed Qt
> 4.8.6 (32bit version built with g++ with some help from SFE patches) so I
> am wondering if there is any interest in having Qt in hipster ?
> If it is the case I can take some time to add a component.
> Best regards

Hi.
It's interesting as more and more software is using qt. For example, we
can't update fbreader because it requires qt. I've recently stepped on
something else, but don't remember. If you volunteer to update it
periodically, I'd prefer to have it. If not, I'm not sure that it's
necessary. Another question is how large is qt? If it's large (>40-50MB)
- could it be splitted into several packages so that we shouldn't fetch
too much data to satisfy some odd dependencies?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,