[oi-dev] libmicrohttpd, sloccount

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Fri Dec 12 23:50:36 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 02:40:48AM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 12/13/2014 01:30, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:
> >I have two new components to contribute.  The first is FSF's libmicrohttpd -
> >a small HTTP server library.  The second is sloccount - a utility that
> >counts lines of code and estimates project cost.
> >
> >You can get the changes via:
> >
> >$ git pull git://repo.or.cz/oi-userland/jeffpc.git hipster
> >
> >You can see the diffs at:
> >
> >http://repo.or.cz/w/oi-userland/jeffpc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/hipster
>
> Hello.
>
> libmicrohttpd/Makefile:
>
> I see
>
> COMPONENT_CLASSIFICATION=org.opensolaris.category.2008:System/Libraries
>
> What does it do? I understand what it is supposed to do, I'm just
> interested, why pkglint didn't catch it. Please, change to System/Libraries.

Hrm?  What do you mean?  This sets the variable to a string - the p5m
processing step uses this value to shove into the manifest.

Ah, I see what you mean... the generated manifest has:

set name=info.classification
value=org.opensolaris.category.2008:org.opensolaris.category.2008:System/Libraries

I'll fix this.

> libmicrohttpd/libmicrohttpd.p5m:
>
> I suppose, *.la and usr/share/info/dir don't reach the final package. But
> they look confusing.

Yeah, my approach here is to modify the generated manifest as little as
possible to make future updates easy.

> sloccount/Makefile:
> I don't see COMPONENT_CLASSIFICATION. Don't understand why pkglint doesn't
> complain. However, it's too late here and perhaps I'm just sleepy...

It's not you, it's me :)  Will fix.

> sloccount/sloccount.p5m:
> usr/share/man/man1/sloccount.1.gz
> IIRC, our man doesn't understand compressed man pages. Am I wrong?

This is what I get:

gzip: /usr/share/man/man1/sloccount.1.gz: not in gzip format
<stdin>:1:1: FATAL: not a manual

Somehow, what got installed is not a valid gz file.  I'll fix this.  (I'm
guessing that the mandoc change in illumos brought us support for compressed
man pages.)

Thanks,

Jeff.

--
Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes.