[oi-dev] Anyone working on Nagios Plugins

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Feb 13 18:41:15 UTC 2014

Hello, Richard.

I don't know if someone is working on them. As for plugins themself, I
don't have any experience with nagios (usually use zabbix or opennms),
but as I understand, plugins are a set sensors (or agent) for nagios.
Perhaps, it's worth to start with nagios itself?

Richard Feltstykket писал 13.02.2014 22:16:
> If no one is, can someone point me to a template package in
> oi-userland?  Or perhaps there's a script to create a new package?
> Once I have it working satisfactorily, I can submit a pull request if
> it's something that others feel would be useful for OI.

I usually take Makefile and p5m manifest from some existing package,
simple one (e.g. rrdtools), and adopt it.
We have some documentation here
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-userland .

---