[oi-dev] thunderbird 24 build

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Jan 14 14:05:01 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 17:45, Richard PALO wrote:

> On another note, can you confirm me where the sum total of the sources
> of the current hipster builds can be found (including xnv/jds)?

The short answer: it's hard(ly possible?) to recompile hipster from
scratch now.

Longer one: we forked from oi-dev between 151a7 - 151a8 and didn't
rebuild anything from outside oi-userland. It would be non-trivial now
to recompile, let's say, pure JDS on /hipster. Some packages from /JDS
were moved to userland. Most of them need some work in order to compile
them with gcc 4.7 or updated userland. As I see it, the long-term plan
to move all necessary components  to oi-userland and to mark old
software as obsolete.

> I may have a couple of patches, but want to make sure I'm cloning the
> latest and greatest (currently github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland)
>
> Is http://hg.opensolaris.cz/oi-jds/ really being used ? or are the hg
> sustaining trees still being [partially] used?

So, currently, when I need to build something on /hipster, I firstly
move all dependent components to userland, and then move there required
package using the most suitable source (sfw, oi-build, oi-jds at
http://hg.opensolaris.cz/oi-jds/ , solaris-desktop~spec-files or even
pkgsrc).

--
Best regards,