[oi-dev] Fwd: [developer] Please review 4989 - BIS

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Jul 22 06:13:46 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 23:45, Piotr Jasiukajtis via oi-dev wrote:
>> From: "Garrett D'Amore via illumos-developer" <developer at lists.illumos.org>
>> Subject: Re: [developer] Fwd: Please review 4989 - BIS
>> Date: 17 Jul 2014 18:01:00 GMT+2
>> To: "Josef 'Jeff' Sipek" <jeffpc at josefsipek.net>
>> Cc: Bart Coddens <bart.coddens at gmail.com>, illumos Developer <developer at lists.illumos.org>
>>
>> Ok, as long as the hipster people have a solution for packaging this it should work.  Btw, has anyone asked them about this -- specifically as this change will require them to repackage this form another workspace (which I presume we are not providing for them), someone is going to have to resolve this or their build will be busted I imagine.
>>
>> I'm not suggesting that we should *not* make this change given that a reasonable technical solution exists; merely suggesting that it would be polite to make sure that the parties on the receiving end are willing to deal with it.
>>
>> Is anyone from OI/hipster here who can speak for their readiness?
>>
>> I would take a failure to respond after some reasonable period of time (say a week or so) as an indication that they don't care and have had sufficient warning to pipe up.  But we should make a concerned effort.  Anyone here able to send a message to their developers directly or via one of their mailing lists?
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc at josefsipek.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 04:13:45PM +0200, Bart Coddens via illumos-developer wrote:
>>> Webrev updated in place
>>
>> Unless there's something hiding off in a corner of the gate, it LGTM.
>>
>> Jeff.

First of all, sorry for replying late (I had some issues with
illumos-dev ML).
We have prepared for this change (I've prepared components for
ntfsprogs and parted). I'd like to mention that removing parted is a bit
unpleasant for us taking in consideration that current GNU parted lacks
Solaris/illumos support. So, we stay with just the same old bits which
currently are provided in illumos-gate. However, it's not critical, as
GParted is shipped only for user convenience on slim CD and luckily is
not used by the installer.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,