[oi-dev] [developer] recent nightly changes and other consolidation

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Tue Mar 11 14:01:17 UTC 2014

In my opinion, the other consolidations should not be using illumos’ nightly.  The needs of other consolidations are usually quite different from illumos, and vice versa.  Trying to build “one nightly to rule them all” is difficult without close coordination between consolidations maintainers.  Post diaspora, that coordination no longer exists.

Indeed, /opt/onbld indicates “ON”  (short for OS/Net), which is the consolidation that illumos is derived from.  I’d recommend that other consolidations create their own forks of /opt/jdsbld or /opt/gnomebld/ or whatever suits their fancy.
--
Garrett D'Amore
Sent with Airmail