[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] gstreamer is rebuilt,

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Mar 18 14:15:29 UTC 2014

On 03/18/2014 16:54, Gary Gendel wrote:
> There is a conflict between the new gstreamer packages and sfe so ffmpeg
> cannot be installed after updating gsteamer.
>
> in sfe-encumbered ffmpeg depends on libschroder which depends on orc.
> Gstreamer has orc which conflicts with sfe-encumbered.
>
> Gary

Hello.
What do you mean by 'gstreamer has orc'?
I think you mean that gstreamer/plugin/base and gstreamer/plugin/good
depends on developer/orc.
SFE provides system/library/orc. This inconsistency in naming leads to
a conflict.
Is your system/library/orc coming from SFE?
The other issue is that in /dev system/library/orc is at 0.5.11 version
now. So we have to use fictive package version to allow updates /dev =>
/hipster.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,