[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] gstreamer is rebuilt,

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Mar 18 16:39:10 UTC 2014

On 03/18/2014 10:15 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 03/18/2014 16:54, Gary Gendel wrote:
>> There is a conflict between the new gstreamer packages and sfe so ffmpeg
>> cannot be installed after updating gsteamer.
>>
>> in sfe-encumbered ffmpeg depends on libschroder which depends on orc.
>> Gstreamer has orc which conflicts with sfe-encumbered.
>>
>> Gary
>
> Hello.
> What do you mean by 'gstreamer has orc'?
> I think you mean that gstreamer/plugin/base and gstreamer/plugin/good
> depends on developer/orc.
> SFE provides system/library/orc. This inconsistency in naming leads to
> a conflict.
> Is your system/library/orc coming from SFE?
> The other issue is that in /dev system/library/orc is at 0.5.11
> version now. So we have to use fictive package version to allow
> updates /dev => /hipster.
<snip>
# pfexec pkg install ffmpeg
Creating Plan (Checking for conflicting actions): \
pkg install: The following packages all deliver file actions to
usr/include/orc-0.4/orc/orcdebug.h:

pkg://sfe/system/library/orc@0.4.16,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120806T214221Z
pkg://openindiana.org/developer/orc@0.4.17,5.11-2014.0.0.0:20140225T205246Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
<snip>