[oi-dev] Git or Mercurial?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Mar 29 05:30:47 UTC 2014

Hi, Jim.

Jim Klimov писал 28.03.2014 20:41:

> I think something needs updating, either the repos, or the docs to
> exclude and no longer mention the unmaintained stale resources...
> It is misleading otherwise (i.e. I updated my old hg workspace and
> expected to have all the recent developments in illumos-gate, while
> I actually got only a year-old version of the sources).
>
> Or am I missing something?..
>
> On a side note, I believe the OI and Hipster releases, being open
> sourced and all that, should also include their build recipes in
> the repo ("illumos.sh" with the specific release-tag strings like
> GATE='oi_151a7' and the compiler settings, and maybe other similar
> config files), so that anyone interested can rebuild their own
> binaries identical to OI's at the time of a specific distro release
> (i.e. for certification or audit purposes). Is there any fundamental
> objection to such an RFE? :)

For /hipster the "official" way to rebuild illumos-gate is using
components/illumos/illumos-gate component
(https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/illumos/illumos-gate)
from oi-userland. It generates environment necessary for nightly.sh
(look at Makefile).
Not so sure about /dev. It seems that
https://hg.openindiana.org/sustaining/oi_151a/illumos-gate/ is used now.
I think that Jon's intention was to use
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/illumos-gate in the future ,
but I'm not sure if it's actually used now.

---