[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] F*ck Yahoo, AOL get us back our mailing lists

Thu May 22 16:02:41 UTC 2014

Nikola,

I understand and sympathise with your frustration, but please consider:

Many people (or so I gather) have a long history with their mail provider,
"everything" they've written and received in a long time is there. Moving
to a different provider for a few mailing lists may present some of them
with a (emotional/technical?) hurdle that may actually stop them from
moving.

Michael "I'm just a bystander" Schuster

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM, OpenIndiana Developer mailing list <
oi-dev at openindiana.org> wrote:

> On 05/22/14 05:28 PM, OpenIndiana Developer mailing list wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 22 at 17:18, Discussion list for OpenIndiana wrote:
>>
>>> I don't f care about Yahoo and AOL mail settings,
>>> we now have mailing list where Noone can se who is posting what message!
>>>
>>> I got under impression, that thing got fixed back. But I see again new
>>> massages posted from Who knows who, because we dont'have FROM header
>>> anymore!
>>> This will KILL mailing lists and we must refuse this stupidity at least
>>> on our mailing lists.
>>>
>>> People at Yahoo and AOL, make new accounts and re-subscribe.
>>> Same goes also for me if Gmail goes that way,
>>> let's have our mailing lists back!
>>>
>>> Let's BOUNCE Yahoo and AOL and have mailing list for normal mail
>>> providers.
>>>

>> Replying to whoever said this...
>>
>> In principle I agree, however, someone else (can't remember) said
>> they'd been given admin rights and were working on fixing our list
>> code to integrate those security changes properly, which should then
>> properly show names.
>>
>> In the current state it's definitely unusable, and I've been on the
>> virge of unsubscribing for a few days.
>>
>>  It's me, nikolam. Sorry for crosspost.
> Only fix I know includes kicking all people from yahoo and AOL and
> instructing them to change mail provider. And I think that should be done.
>
> nikolam

Michael Schuster
http://recursiveramblings.wordpress.com/