[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] F*ck Yahoo, AOL get us back our mailing lists

Thu May 22 16:18:11 UTC 2014

On 05/22/14 06:02 PM, OpenIndiana Developer mailing list wrote:
> Nikola,
>
> I understand and sympathise with your frustration, but please consider:
>
> Many people (or so I gather) have a long history with their mail
> provider, "everything" they've written and received in a long time is
> there. Moving to a different provider for a few mailing lists may
> present some of them with a (emotional/technical?) hurdle that may
> actually stop them from moving.
>
> Michael "I'm just a bystander" Schuster
Yeah, I also have Yahoo mail account from 1997 onwards... I vote to tel
em' to f* off.
Change mail provider and make your new mail address.

I also have similar feelings for my beloved NSA-spied upon Gmail
account. F*em, too
if they destroy mailing lists and stop people from FREELY communicating
between them.
If you don't see and can't replay directly to people on mailing list, it
is not mailing list anymore.

If man is not capable of acquiring and starting to use new mail account
instead of broken and free one, then he should conciser doing garden and
field work instead of IT technical list.

Personally I think this is a way to subdue independent mailing lists to
large mail providers, next time they could think out of some other nasty
thing to stop us comunicating and then what?
nikolam