[oi-dev] Resignation

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 09:24:54 UTC 2014

On 10/ 6/14 09:54 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 10/06/2014 11:33, Nikola M. wrote:
>> But not creating Teams is I think biggest problem of all.
>
> Whom do you suppose these teams will consist of? Honestly, now we have
> two informal teams -  RE - Adrzej Szeszo and Ken Mays and dev team
> (which now consists from Jon Tibble (which supports /dev) and me
> supporting Hipster). Plus several developers who are interested in
> several packages and support mostly only these packages (as Aurelian
> Larcher and Marcel Telka) This is the current state. We don't have
> problem how to organize people. We just have no people to organize.
Well great, first information people need to activate themselves is what
structure already exist.
You provided information on current structure and that is great.

We (meaning me shooting ideas all the time and you for starters) should
talk about what to do.

I propose reviving OI weekly meetings that are always scheduled on
Thursdays, 7PM UTC
at Freenode IRC channel #oi-meeting (irc.freenode.net).

As topics I propose:
-Creating Hipster mailing list for pre-dev discussions and changes on
packages, before releasing /dev.
-Making Hipster snapshots in-line with /dev releases, both from upgrade
to Hipster form a8 as first phase
- Releasing a10 /dev and update to it from a9 as second phase.
- Not abandoning SPARC support contribution
- Mailing list inclusions of exlcluded people
- Plans for including more people in a structure and contribution docs
Everything else that I currently don't have time to write about.

nikolam