[oi-dev] Resignation

Igor Kozhukhov ikozhukhov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 11:52:18 UTC 2014

On 06/10/14 15:45, "Volker A. Brandt" <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:

>Igor Kozhukhov writes:
>[...]
>> And I want to add my 2c: I can see thread about management of
>> project.  With management and without contributors - management can
>> try manage managers :) But with contributors - we will find the way
>> how to manage project :)
>
>You are right.  But for normal people with just a bit of time it is
>to complicated.  Sometimes I build packages for Solaris 10 & 11.
>If I had a working build environment and knew what to check out and
>where to upload things, I would not mind updating those packages for
>OI from time to time, especially for SPARC.
>
>But as things stand it is too much work to get to a point where one
>could start contributing.

Contributing is easy: checkout userland build sources, prepare package,
send email to dev@ list.
Or try to ask if you have problems with configuration of build env.

I can see no emails about build env/components builds, but a lot of emails
about new releases and what should be included to new releases and what
should be fixed :)

About SPARC - I have no ideas at this moment how to do it better - I¹m
working on SPARC updates with DilOS, but we have plans for shared zones -
ipkg & dpkg - with OI.
But - it is only on planing state yet.

-Igor