[oi-dev] xmessage, ts, notion-3, and openttd

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Oct 7 04:21:37 UTC 2014

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek писал 07.10.2014 06:38:
> I have 4 new components to contribute.  A window manager, a command
> batching
> utility, a recipe for xmessage (as far as I can tell, our current
> xmessage
> package comes from oi-build from a couple of years ago), and finally
> OpenTTD
> - because there's no reason OI can't be used for gaming. ;)

Thanks, Josef.

I'll add new components after ISOs for October snapshot is out.
Note, there's already components/x11/xmessage.
So, it should be just an update to the existing component.

components/notion-3/Makefile:34 - shouldn't this be COMPONENT_BUILD_ENV
+= CC=$(CC)
to use "blessed" gcc version?
components/ts/Makefile:34 - the same question

One thing I'm not sure of is patch licensing. I supposed that we shipped
them under the same
licenses as the original software. So, CDDL header on the patches
surprised me. Usually
there are no such headers.

Other thing to note - I'd like to freeze oi-userland until ISOs are
formed. I mean,
"only small/security fixes mode", until snapshot.
---