[oi-dev] xmessage, ts, notion-3, and openttd

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeffpc at josefsipek.net
Tue Oct 7 15:44:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 08:21:37AM +0400, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Josef 'Jeff' Sipek писал 07.10.2014 06:38:
> >I have 4 new components to contribute.  A window manager, a command
> >batching
> >utility, a recipe for xmessage (as far as I can tell, our current xmessage
> >package comes from oi-build from a couple of years ago), and finally
> >OpenTTD
> >- because there's no reason OI can't be used for gaming. ;)
> >

> Thanks, Josef.
>
> I'll add new components after ISOs for October snapshot is out.
> Note, there's already components/x11/xmessage.
> So, it should be just an update to the existing component.

Effectively yes.  Years ago, I made the 1.0.3 build recipe for oi-build, but
it looks like it sorta got lost in time.

> components/notion-3/Makefile:34 - shouldn't this be COMPONENT_BUILD_ENV +=
> CC=$(CC)
> to use "blessed" gcc version?

Good point.  I only intended to force the build system to use gcc instead of
trying to use studio.  Changed.

> components/ts/Makefile:34 - the same question

Changed.

> One thing I'm not sure of is patch licensing. I supposed that we shipped
> them under the same
> licenses as the original software. So, CDDL header on the patches surprised
> me. Usually
> there are no such headers.

You're right.  It doesn't actually many any sense and in same cases is not
really legal (combining CDDL & GPL).  I removed the headers.

> Other thing to note - I'd like to freeze oi-userland until ISOs are formed.
> I mean,
> "only small/security fixes mode", until snapshot.

No problem.  I have all of these in my own pkg repo so I'm in no hurry to
upstream these.

I pushed new versions of the 4 commits to the same branch as before.

Thanks,

Jeff.

--
Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes.