[oi-dev] New Hipster ISOs are available

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Oct 13 14:35:45 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 18:25, Nikola M. wrote:
> On 10/13/14 07:58 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> We are ready to announce new OpenIndiana Hipster 2014.10.10 ISOs.
> Hi, if it can not be updated from /dev why ISOs are made then?
>
> You don't expect abandoning /dev and update line from  Opensolaris all
> up to Openindiana latest?
>
> I think if people are forced to reinstall current /dev installs from
> scratch,  with these Hipster ISOs,
> they would rather install other OS and migrate away..

The ISOs are made for fresh installs. Yes, updates from /dev are not
possible. What should I do? Stop any work until we can release
something, which can be updated to /hipster from /dev? I know about this
problem. But I have a million of other to solve. If it bugs you so much,
go ahead, do the work and test updates.

I have several dozens installations which has never been OpenSolaris or
OI /dev. I'd better fix more urgent issues - e.g. OO inability to work
with ODT. Or rsyslog CVEs...
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,