[oi-dev] OpenSXCE It is illegal to sell without source code.

Martin Bochnig martin at martux.org
Fri Sep 19 17:51:07 UTC 2014

Hi Joerg and all,

thank you for your friendly messages.
Yes, everything started at first with SchilliX. Even BeleniX at its
very beginning, the father of Indiana, which was then simply cloned
and is now known as OI. In truth it is BeleniX++, which was originally
derived at first from SchillIX, but added a myriad of stuff engineered
by Moinak Ghosh and his team in Bangalore!!! And afterwards by Sun's
Caiman team (thanks to dave Miner!). And X11 group (Thanks to Alan
Coopersmith mainly, but also to Stuart Kreitman and their his team
members)

Until 2007 we were a true community of competing but friendly
individuals. Then came a few Sun managers and hired Ian Murdock for PR
reasons only, then came IPS as enforced by Dr. Hahn and so on, the
beginning of the end of OpenSolaris and even of Solaris in total.

OI would not exist, without our early initial Distros from the era
directly after 20050614.
Therefore I find it extremely painful, how some "persons" dealt with
you, at times.
And then also with me and others.

I only re-subscribed to point out a single aspect, that may not be
clear to all of you, due to the unfortunate subject line at the top,
as chosen by Nikola last week (we are friends now, btw). But this
headline may confuse some readers: It is not true, that I enforced
payments. Maybe I tried it in June 2014, but gave up after 2 days.

The full versions had always been FREE to be downloaded by anyone, anonymously.
In theory I had the policy, that capatalists need to pay depending on
the size of their businesses, but in reality they never were honest
enough to pay a Cent. While the poor did donate!  :-)
But it was completely voluntary, by no means at all mandatory of a
"business plan".

Only wanted to make this clear again.

DilOS and OpenSXCE will have a bright future, and SchilliX is also
welcome to participate.
That's all I can tell you at this time.

Until mid of October I'll be in Ukraine, then it starts  ;)
I'm still in talks with Igor and cannot say anything without his permission.
But OpenSXCE will of course open its code, but carefully. And not for trolls.
(most code is available at Sun/Oracle anyway, but it appears many are
not even aware of that lol)

Thanks, regards,
%martin