[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun/Oracle China's DRM//KMS Sol11.2 port backported to function on old-style gfxp_private from pre-2010 era but still immediatedly PANICS

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Fri Dec 11 18:59:26 UTC 2015

 Hi Aurélien,

>Пятница, 11 декабря 2015, 19:47 +01:00 от Aurélien Larcher <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com>:
>
>To be precise, at least I can see that the device id is not listed in:
>
>https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/x-cons/x-s12-clone/file/5dc3c751c9c5/open-src/kernel/sys/drm/drm_pciids.h

don't waste 10 seconds to care about the basic DRM stub that made it into OpenSolaris before OS/Net got locked in mid 2010.
It is so basic, minimal and outdated - we shall better not comment on it.

I hope this answers your question.
Also be aware, that the correct pciids must also be in the underlying agpgart framework (which brings us back to the waste of 10 seconds in case of OpenSolaris/Illumos).

I can open the agpgart that I had in OpenSXCE2014.05 next week, unless too many distracting and time-consuming annoying "letters" arrive in my letter box next week.

The Sun China team published a minor DRM update in 2009. the rest stems from something like 2007's OpenBSD port (with many pieces simply cut out at that).

We can comment about hw/compatibility as soon as we have Sun's now (published 8 months ago) 2013 port working on 11.0 (and next step, on Illumos).

Until then - it leads to nothing.
The radeon DRM port would be another thing to port after all that.
But no: Not the tiny stub for ancient hardware that is still part of Illumos.

Tnx for your friendly messages last week,
we talk later ...
First let's give Sun/Oracle Menlo Park some time to respond.
As I needed 2 weeks for a response, I think it is fair to stay equally as hopeful and patient  ;)

regards, %martin