[oi-dev] libjpeg6 & libjpeg-turbo & VLC

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Dec 12 18:55:35 UTC 2015

Aurélien Larcher писал 12.12.2015 20:07:
> Hi,
>

>> Do I understand correctly that after integration of these change we
>> still
>> ship libjpeg6 as default and libjpeg-turbo in alternative paths?
>>

> As it is yes, that's why I wanted feedback.
> The manifest components/libjpeg6-ijg/libjpeg6.p5m delivers symlinks to
> libjpeg6-ijg so as to provide the same path (/usr/lib) as before.
> So all are installed in alternated directories but IJG 6b is the only
> visible in /usr/lib.
>
> That said, we can then migrate slowly components to use libjpeg-turbo
> with
> version 8 support by altering the CFLAGS like I did with VLC.
> We can have shared macros to provide the relevant C*FLAGS.
> Also the symlinks to provide backward compatibility to IJG 6b could be
> listed under a legacy SUNWjpg package in libjpeg6.p5m.
>
> What do you think ?

As long as old software depending on (old) libjpeg is not affected, I'm
fine with this.
As for migration to libjpeg6-turbo, I'd use it when it's necessary. If
we want to do it default,
we can do it in 2 steps:
1) all consumers libjpeg are linked to libjpeg-turbo,
2) default links are switched to libjpeg-turbo.
---