[oi-dev] libjpeg6 & libjpeg-turbo & VLC

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:20:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

As long as old software depending on (old) libjpeg is not affected, I'm
> fine with this.

Good, then I think the only remaining questions I have in mind are: is a
legacy SUNjpg package needed and what should it contain (if anything) ?

As for migration to libjpeg6-turbo, I'd use it when it's necessary. If we
> want to do it default,
> we can do it in 2 steps:
> 1) all consumers libjpeg are linked to libjpeg-turbo,

2) default links are switched to libjpeg-turbo.

Yes it is not a priority as long as things are preserved for the moment.
 Maybe let us just provide something in shared-macros.mk like the PG_*
variables so that consumers can rely on them like:

JPEG_ABI_VERSION=6
JPEG_PROVIDER=libjpeg$(JPEG_ABI_VERSION) # or whatever it is
JPEG_BINDIR.32=/usr/lib/$(JPEG_PROVIDER)/bin
JPEG_BINDIR.64=/usr/lib/$(JPEG_PROVIDER)/bin/$(MACH64)
JPEG_LIBDIR.32=/usr/lib/$(JPEG_PROVIDER)/lib
JPEG_LIBDIR.64=/usr/lib/$(JPEG_PROVIDER)/lib/$(MACH64)
JPEG_INCDIR=/usr/include/$(JPEG_PROVIDER)

so that -I, -L and -R can be set in a consistent way.

Also, I am currently running in VirtualBox on my laptop so I do not have
the resources to do a rebuild for testing all the dependencies.
If there is anything you can fix faster than explaining it to me at length,
then feel free to do it.
Thank you

Aurelien

--