[oi-dev] OI User documentation

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 19:02:51 UTC 2015

On 12/25/15 07:52 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi, everyone, and Merry Christmas to all celebrating!
>
> Aurélien Larcher писал 25.12.2015 19:10:
>> Following my previous comment, something to consider is to improve the
>> OpenIndiana Handbook:
>>
>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Handbook
>
> I'd say. if you can engage more people in writing or supporting docs
> (perhaps, communicating with OmniOS and Joyeny folks),
> it worths resurrect old Sun docs from OpenSolaris days. But if you are
> the only one who works on documentation,
> updating OI Handbook seems much more feasible task.

I think both of them have a place there, it is not the question weither
one or another.

it is important to write on the wiki and that is where people woud look
first anyway.
So it could be two tracks and being valuable for both big documentation,
updated
and wiki, that might be more fresh and current.

One can not replace big documentation with the Wiki
and one can not replace Wiki's usability and versatility with
XML/ODT/PDF documentation