[oi-dev] Any reason to keep Studio indent in /usr/bin

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Feb 5 06:10:56 UTC 2015

Hello.
We currently ship symlinks to Studio indent in /usr/bin. I had to use
GNU indent to build Mesa 9.0.3. I see that new Oracle Solaris versions
ships GNU indent as /usr/bin/indent. Any reason for us to keep Studio
indent there?
As for reasons to avoid keeping it in /usr/bin - it's some closed source
binary blob, and I can't use it to build Mesa.
Another decision - ship GNU indent to /usr/gnu/bin and to create
mediator on indent implementation. But do we really need one?
(I suppose to ship old one in /opt/sunstudio12.1/prod/bin/indent (as
it's shipped now) and keep /opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/indent symlink).