[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] X server update in OpenIndiana Hipster

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 28 15:22:32 UTC 2015

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
[...]
> I think we can look at downgrading
> intel drivers to something like 2.9 (or even 2.6) which still supported
> UMS until KMS work is ready. I don't know how much work it'll take to
> make this crap work with new Xorg server, so no promises on time frame
> for now. Until then you can use vesa.

I have a computer with Intel graphics and Hipster
20140701 installed. Xorg refuses to use intel_drv.so
and falls back on using vesa_drv.so, I understand
this is not going to improve soon.

The fall back to vesa is totally unusable because the
brigthness is forced to maximum and hurts the eyes and
the slider for brightness on "Power Management" has no
effect.

Is there another way to adjust the brightness level with
the vesa driver ?

Jean-Pierre