[oi-dev] Update/addition of XCB components

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Jan 9 23:52:19 UTC 2015

Hi, Aurélien.

Aurélien Larcher писал 10.01.2015 00:29:
> Hi,
> before updating some Enlightenment components (that I was supposed to
> push
> a while ago :S), I am preparing the update/addition of some XCB
> components
> (in order):
Thanks for doing this.

> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-proto111 (v1.11)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/libxcb111 (v1.11)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-util04 (v0.4.0)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-util-keysyms04
> (v0.4.0)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-util-image04 (v0.4.0)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-util-wm04 (v0.4.1)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-util-renderutil039
> (v0.3.9)
>
> https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/xcb-util-cursor011
> (v0.1.1)
>
> Do you have any recommendation before I submit the pull requests ?

Several questions.
1) Minor issue: I see that xcb-proto delivers contents to site-packages.
We usually deliver python modules to /usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages.
BTW, why xcb-proto is 32-bit only? Some issues with dependent packages?

2) I see that some packages are bumped across major versions - e.g.
libxcb. Do I understand correctly that we don't deliver any consumers of
this library and there's no widespread software (e.g., from SFE) using
it?

3) What about build order? Are there any particular dependencies (which
components should be updated first)?

---