[oi-dev] Update/addition of XCB components

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Jan 10 02:06:28 UTC 2015

On 01/ 9/15 03:52 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> 2) I see that some packages are bumped across major versions - e.g. libxcb. Do I
> understand correctly that we don't deliver any consumers of this library and
> there's no widespread software (e.g., from SFE) using it?

Newer versions of X use it - there's several examples in the Solaris X11 gate
upstream (which is where we integrated the xcb packages).  That work was all
done post-151 though - starting around snv_154.

> 3) What about build order? Are there any particular dependencies (which
> components should be updated first)?

libxcb depends on the proto files from xcb-proto to generate the built code.
xcb-util-* all depend on libxcb headers & link against it's library.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com