[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] OpenIndiana Hipster default repository URL has changed

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Jan 16 11:17:25 UTC 2015

On 14 January 2015 16:33:34 CET, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
>Hello.
>
>This message concerns OI Hipster users.
>We have just moved default package repository from
>http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/ to
>http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015 and bumped branch version from
>2014.1.3 to 2015.0.0. This was necessary to decrease repository size
>and
>speedup operations of IPS tools.
>
>To make your system use new repository, do the following.
>1) Make sure that you are running the latest bits
># pkg refresh
># pkg update
>2) Reboot to new BE if necessary
># init 6
>3) Change openindiana.org publisher to new one
># pkg set-publisher -G http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/ -g
>http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015 openindiana.org
>4) Update your system
># pkg update
>5) Reboot to new BE
># init 6
>6) Check that you have updated osnet-incorporation installed
># pkg info osnet-incorporation
>### Should report version >= 2015.0.0.14851
>
>If you are  using custom illumos-gate builds, don't forget to change
>PKGVERS_BRANCH to 2015.X.0.0.

Thanks, worked for my laptop as well, with its split-root configuration (and thus upfating in the pre-created ABE, as automated by scripts on the Split-Root installation). I had to manually intervene into the documented procedure though:
* created/mounted the BE with beadm-clone.sh (applies custom dataset attrs like greater compression or quotas)
* set the new publisher url as Alexander wrote, but prefixed with the altroot (pkg -R /a set-publisher...)
* updated the ABE etc. following thr documented procedure

So I verified it is still relevant ;)

Thanks,
Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android