[oi-dev] hipster-encumbered repository

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Jul 14 13:20:18 UTC 2015

Hello.
It's call for test and is mainly intended for developers.
We have infrastructure in place to build and distribute
non-distributable-in-some-countries packages. Read, we are ready to
start shipping our own multimedia libraries.

So, what have you do if you want to add some more packages, like lame,
ffmpeg and so on?

You create component in components/encumbered directory and include
$(WS_TOP)/make-rules/encumbered.mk before ips.mk - see
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/encumbered/faac
for example.

Components in encumbered directory are ignored by regular gmake publish
and should be published specifically from encumbered directory. They are
published to i386/encumbered-repo by default. Publisher is set to
hipster-encumbered. Regular jenkins job building oi-userland now also
does this. The resulting packages should be available at
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered/ .

I've added some pkglint checks ensuring that regular packages from
openindiana.org publisher doesn't depend on encumbered packages. So if
you see "package depends on %(name)s, which comes from forbidden
publisher" check package dependencies. This behavior is turned off by
ENCUMBERED environmental variable set in make-rules/encumbered.mk .

I hope we'll see new multimedia packages soon. Volunteers are welcomed.
I also hope that new oi-userland and infrastructure changes haven't
introduced too many bugs :)
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,