[oi-dev] hipster-encumbered repository

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:27:59 UTC 2015

Hi Alexander,
Thank you for setting up this framework !

As posted on oi-discuss earlier, I gathered a list to help contributors
follow the progress and pick an item:

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Multimedia

Best,

Aurélien

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> Hello.
> It's call for test and is mainly intended for developers.
> We have infrastructure in place to build and distribute
> non-distributable-in-some-countries packages. Read, we are ready to start
> shipping our own multimedia libraries.
>
> So, what have you do if you want to add some more packages, like lame,
> ffmpeg and so on?
>
> You create component in components/encumbered directory and include
> $(WS_TOP)/make-rules/encumbered.mk before ips.mk - see
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/encumbered/faac
> for example.
>
> Components in encumbered directory are ignored by regular gmake publish
> and should be published specifically from encumbered directory. They are
> published to i386/encumbered-repo by default. Publisher is set to
> hipster-encumbered. Regular jenkins job building oi-userland now also does
> this. The resulting packages should be available at
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered/ .
>
> I've added some pkglint checks ensuring that regular packages from
> openindiana.org publisher doesn't depend on encumbered packages. So if
> you see "package depends on %(name)s, which comes from forbidden publisher"
> check package dependencies. This behavior is turned off by ENCUMBERED
> environmental variable set in make-rules/encumbered.mk .
>
> I hope we'll see new multimedia packages soon. Volunteers are welcomed.
> I also hope that new oi-userland and infrastructure changes haven't
> introduced too many bugs :)
> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department

LARCHER Aurélien          | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42 | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4, 100 44 Stockholm,
SWEDEN