[oi-dev] hipster-encumbered repository

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Jul 25 10:09:33 UTC 2015

Hello.

This is a call for test, this time I look for users experience.
We've finally added first useful  thing to /hipster-encumbered - ffmpeg
2.7.2.

So, if you use ffmpeg, please, test it. I'm especially interested if
openjpeg support is fully functional.

Note: /hipster-encumbered is incompatible with /sfe and /sfe-encumbered
repositories, so if you'd like to use it,
disable them. We eventually will put all useful codecs/applications from
sfe or sfe-encumbered to /hipster-encumbered,
but now it lacks a lot of them (including gstreamer plugins). Also, if
you want to test ffmpeg, be sure to install
latest library/sdl (1.2.15-2015.0.1.0) or ffplay will dump core.

Remind you that we are also looking for contributors to add all
necessary multimedia software -
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Multimedia
---