[oi-dev] LibreOffice: libmspub, libwps

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Jul 30 13:35:14 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> What would be your opinion about bumping ImageMagick in oi-userland at the same time ?
> LCMS2 cflags are not passed properly with 6.8.3 it seems.

I don't have any opinion regarding the best version of ImageMagick.
It competes against my own project. :-)

It is wise to execute its test suite and make sure that it seems to be
working.  I have encountered versions which exhibit huge problems on
Solaris type systems.

> Is there a preferred version and incompatiblities to be expected or it is "just" about pushing 6.9.1 (and making
> sure nothing breaks) ?

ImageMagick is continually in flux so it is best to try to stick with
similar versions as popular Linux distributions in order to improve
compatability with applications using it, and access to any security
patches which are posted.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn