[oi-dev] Building pkg

G B g_patrickb at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 15:56:20 UTC 2015

I am following Building the Operating System - OpenIndiana - OpenIndiana WikiI had installed sunstudio12u1 from the building illumos link, then went back to Building pkg - OpenIndiana - OpenIndiana Wiki
I typed opensolaris instead of openindiana as Alan Coopersmith saw.
Should I use https://hg.java.net/hg/ips~pkg-gate instead of http://hg.openindiana.org/sustaining/oi_151a/pkg-gate/ ?

     On Sunday, June 7, 2015 10:39 AM, Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

 On 06/ 7/15 06:26 AM, G B via oi-dev wrote:
> When attempting to build pkg I get:
>
> user at host:/export/builds/pkg$ hg clone
> http://hg.opensolaris.org/sustaining/oi_151a/pkg-gate/ pkg-gate
> real URL is https://solaris.java.net/
> abort: requirement '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
> Transitional//EN"' not supported!
>

> What is causing this to fail?

Looks like you typed opensolaris.org where you meant openindiana.org.

opensolaris.org never hosted "oi" 151a repos, even before it was shut
down and replaced with redirects to html pages instead of hg repos.

http://hg.openindiana.org/sustaining/oi_151a/pkg-gate/ on the other
hand looks like a valid hg repo.

    -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com