[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] X server update in OpenIndiana Hipster

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 3 15:31:46 UTC 2015

Hi Ken,

ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The lockdown (pkg freeze) is needed mainly on the XServer and Intel driver.
> You need to maintain Intel driver's 2.6.3 or 2.9.1 for XServer 1.7.7.

I assume you mean Intel driver 2.9.1 is compatible with
current Xorg server 1.7.7, but where is it to be found ?

The latest hipster ships with 2.99.917 (not compatible
with Xorg) and older one shipped with 2.6.3 (probably
not compatible with my hardware). An intermediate
version compatible with both Xorg server and hardware
would be nice...

Jean-Pierre